Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Murphy's Law Strikes Again!

Every military wife knows all about Murphy and his damn law;

* Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

It's not just reserved for Deployments, as is the common thought on Murphy's Law. Apparently it can strike during or before a PCS (Permanent Change of Station for all you non-military folks out there) as well. 

First PCS:  I was pregnant, sick as a dog and following a massive U-Haul that was swaying just enough to make me...even sicker.  It wasn't pretty. 

Second PCS: While finishing up after the movers left, I somehow managed to throw both of our cell phones in our trash can.  Then I managed to throw nasty leftovers on top of them.  It was horrendous. FUN FUN FUN digging those out when we finally found them.  What was even more fun was the fact that my phone smelled like Italian dressing for the next 2 weeks.  

Second PCS, take 2:  I was struck with a sudden illness, and we still have no idea as to what it was.  However, I was laid up on my Mother's couch, unable to move, so exhausted (almost like Mono, but we don't think it was mono. We aren't doctors though,) for the rest of the time we had left in Alabama. Literally started feeling better 8 hours before we left.  So uncool.   

Third and current PCS:  Kaylee......has a buckle fracture on her tibia.  

A round of applause for the winner of the Murphy's Best award - my 5 year old daughter!  She takes the award after her performance in Plays Too Rough With Friends where she placed her feet on the slats under a mattress while her friends jumped on the bed, causing her knee to slam down on her tibia! Congratulations, Kaylee!  

Not.  

She'll be in cast for 6-8 weeks.  We PCS in 6.  Can you imagine having to take a 12 hour plane ride with a CAST ON YOUR LEG?!  DAMN YOU, MURPHY!!!  

At least she's still adorable! 

We'll know more after her appointment with the Orthopedic doc to get her actual cast, but for now she's hobbling along in a splint and baby crutches.  She's taking it like a champ though and I'm thankful for that.  She even thinks it's cool. Her dad and I certainly don't think it's cool, but as long as she's happy, we're happy.  She's even taken to delegating out little tasks as far as her crutches go.  

"Mom, you have to follow me and keep an eye on me so I don't fall down."
"Bubba, you bring the crutches to me when I need to go potty, okay?" 
"MOM! What did the doctor say?  I need to practice!"  

But, it wouldn't be a PCS without a little bump in the road now would it?  Am I right?! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!

    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete