Monday, October 4, 2010

Turned out to be an update of sorts

I feel the need to update this thing, but I have nothing to write about.  Sometimes those turn out to be best entries though.  It's getting late, the kids are in bed, I'm sitting here with a glass of wine...and now I'm here.  Typing away about nothingness.


The kids have been exceptionally annoying today.  I know what you're thinking.  There's NO WAY a 3 year old and a 1 year old could ever be annoying!! Of course not. Not ever.  In all reality I think they miss their dad. This is the longest he's been gone since his last deployment, before either of them were born, so it's been an adjustment to them both, especially for my daughter. She is, afterall, a huge Daddy's girl. I mean, they've done great.  Dylan, I think, is still too little to really realize he's gone, but Kaylee does know.  It's actually funny, at our commissary here, they have these...stone pillar thingies...with the ships' names.  Everytime we go past Kendall's she has to go tap it twice and say, "HI DADDDDYYY."  in that sweet little three-year old voice. We've recently started a game too. 


ME: "Who's Daddy's favorite girl?"
Her:  Heheheheheheeeee....."ME!"
ME:  "No, I'M Daddy's favorite girl."
Her: "NO! ME!"  HEheheheheeee
ME: "Alright, you win."
Dylan: "ME."
ME: "No son, your Daddy's favorite BOY!"


I think it helps that we talk about him and play those little games. When he is able to call she'll talk to him, which totally makes her day.


They're just both getting so big.  Kaylee insisted on dressing herself today:


Isn't she just GORGEOUS?!


Notice the lovely shoes she stole from my closet?


Oh to be a three-year old...






And Dylan...well he's just crazy.  The "MINE" phase is in full swing in our house.  Everything from his toys to my car keys belong to him.  What happens when I take said items away, you ask?  He squeals like a little girl.  Yes, that's right, my manly son squeals like a little girl.  He does it so well that my Yoko BFF, Sarah, actually looked at her youngest daughter, called her by her first and middle name, and said no.  You can imagine the laughter that ensued when I said, "No Sarah, that was Dylan."  : )  I will get that on video one of these days, I swear.



Well I think that about wraps up this little blog of updates.  Other than the Alabama Crimson Tide STOMPING Florida this past weekend, I have no new news I can put on the internet anyway. ; )  

1 comment:

  1. LOL Yeah.. We need to get them both squealing at the same time.. haha Then we either need a nice glass of wine or uh.. coffee? lol

    ReplyDelete