Monday, November 29, 2010

Movin' on up

Good news, good news! 

My husband advanced to E6!!  He is now a Petty Officer First Class in the US Navy.  You can't imagine my excitement, our excitement, when we got the call.  He's been trying for so long, he's deserved for so long, but it just hasn't happened because of how closed up his rate has been.  Out of the 388 people that took it, only 41 made it, and my husband was one of them.  I am seriously so proud of him.  The frocking ceremony should've been today (email is down at the moment so I have no way of knowing for sure), so it should be offical now!

The fact that the Navy has to TEST to advance...is just beyond me.  They're the only branch that still has to test to make rank.  If they'd just allow advancement based on evals and merit, Kendall would've been a Chief by now.  BUT - I won't get ahead of myself.  We just made E6 and that's awesome. 

I have spent the last few days buying new uniforms, sewing patches on said uniforms, buying new medals and ribbons.  I know it seems kinda "June Cleaver-ish", but hey...I'm happy doing it.  Do you have any idea how much money we've said by me doing the patches myself? Ha! That comes in handy this time of year, with Christmas being around the corner and all.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment